Books Read in 2021

 

  • Mothers Who Can't Love by Susan Forward
  • Was the Cat in the Hat Black? The Hidden Racism of Children's Literature, and the Need for Diverse Books by Philip Nel
  • Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer
  • Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes
  • Deepfakes: The Coming Infocalypse by Nina Schick
  • Dune by Frank Herbert
  • The Man Who Couldn't Stop by David Adam
  • Egghead; or, You Can't Survive on Ideas Alone by Bo Burnham, illustrated by Chance Bone
  • Dandelion Wine by Ray Bradbury
  • I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream by Harlan Ellison
  • Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson 
  • Death in Mud Lick: A Coal Country Fight against the Drug Companies That Delivered the Opioid Epidemic by Eric Eyre 
  • In Sunlight or In Shadow: Stories Inspired by the Paintings of Edward Hopper edited by Lawrence Block


2021 Favorite: Dandelion Wine by Ray Bradbury

I was blown away by Bradbury's writing, especially since my only prior experience with him was through Fahrenheit 451 which I read back in high school and don't really remember. Dandelion Wine reads like a compilation of connected short stories and I couldn't decide which one was my favorite, they were all so beautiful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Very Belated: Books Read in 2022

Stop - Start - Continue: 2023

A bout of inspiration